Master the Art of Delegation
Raise yourself to a level where you can confidently delegate in a wide range of situations and unpredictability, knowing why delegation is important. Be recognised as having excellent skills. Learn what you need to know in order to coach or mentor others in their development.
Key Seminar Benefits
All the benefits of our Delegation Demystified seminar…
- Know when to apply your delegation skills.
- Become clearer when delegating and reduce time wasted in rework.
- Free time for your most profitable tasks because you trust those around you to deliver what you need.
Plus all the benefits of our Advancing Delegation seminar…
- Practice and receive feedback on your delegation style before you return to the job.
- Adjust your delegation style to different individuals and situations.
- Recognise factors which impede effective delegation.
- Appreciate the impact of delegation on trust, accountability and morale within your work culture.
- Manage a chain of delegation. You delegate, they delegate further…and so on.
- Understand when job titles get in the way of delegation.
Who Should Attend?
- People who have a need to delegate in the workplace. This seminar taps into all levels of experience from those who are new to delegation to those who already have a satisfactorily level of proficiency for most situations they encounter.
- Leaders and managers who are in a new role or not getting the results they seek.
- Staff who have a leader or manager that is poor at delegation and want to assist with more confidence.
- Who teams who want to experience what effective delegation will do for them.
- Participants who have attended either the Delegation Demystified or Advanced Delegation seminars will explore the material in greater depth, plus add a number of new and useful perspectives.
- Four prime reasons to delegate
- Delegation and interpersonal relationships
- Why clarity is fundamental
- Three elements of a good request
- Different ways to delegate
- Checking your task is accepted
- Six responses to listen for
- What to do when situations change
- Declaring completion
- When the delegate delegates
- Giving powerful feedback
- Levels of accountability
- Language as a tool in business
- The elements of trust
- Basic characteristics of moods and emotions
- Six basic moods of life
- Ways to manage moods
- Successful delegation from the right posture
- Exploration of the impact of authority on delegation
2 days (3 x 2 hours session eachd ay), 6–10 participants, classroom format.